Sunday, January 31, 2010

Stent For Kidney Stones How Long Does It Stay In How Long Should A Kidney Stent Stay In?

How long should a Kidney Stent stay in? - stent for kidney stones how long does it stay in

I wonder how long a renal stent must stay within my mother had a booth in about 2 days, and what it means to be a week or longer. Is this normal? My mother has kidney stones underwent extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy, and about a week. It has not ended the stone. She is worried to death, and wonders what is the normal amount, if these stents remain?

2 comments:

Lithotri... said...

I had two lithotripsy and never had a stent, but I understand that usually stay a week or less. There may be several reasons why the stone was not accepted. You may need a little more time. Or if she is in a difficult position in the kidney or is a substance very difficult lithotripsy had no effect on him. It was not mine. Mine was hard instead of kidney and ureter, and I had to be a ureteroscopy, where they have through the bladder and urethra using a laser to dissolve the stone. Lithotripsy is generally better to kidney stones, ureteroscopy better on the stones in the ureter. And again, depends on where the stone is and what is done. Your mother, your doctor can best advise what to do and set follow reassured. I hope to do well.

Toosense said...

It seems normal to me. The longer they are sometimes difficult to remove.

Post a Comment